StatCounter

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

From the Heart...

I'm sitting here, staring at a blank screen reflecting upon my life...at some of the decisions I've made, the path I've chosen to pave, and mistakes I have made along the way. Some of the choices I've made has left scares that only began to heal when I ran into the arms of a loving Heavenly Father, my Abba Father! Allowing scars to heal from past brokenness is not easy and for those who have never been brokenhearted before the struggle may be hard to understand. I have learned healing is a process that takes time of which that time lies in God's hands as the psalmist David wrote. In the process of being healed sometimes you may hurt people that care about you unintentionally . It's easy for people to turn to things that will bring a temporary "quick fix" in their life instead of allowing God to mend their broken heart. A broken and contrite spirit is one He will not despise because in His word it says: "The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit." God is still in the healing business, "He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds" and that is what He did for me!


As I look back at my life and reflect upon certain incidents I can recall having several "smh" [shake my head] moments when I wish I made wiser decisions. This is one of those moments for me. Lately I've been going through some fiery trials that have slowly grown and shaped me into the woman I am becoming. Instead of becoming angry and questioning God for some of the things I've had to endure, all I can do is simply raise my two hands and begin worshiping Him for who He truly is because it is not about me, but ALL about Him---that is part of dying to self. A true christian is never exempt from suffering. In fact, [Romans 5:3-4] states we should "rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope."


Saints of God, all this suffering we will have to endure here on earth does not compare to the future glory we will receive! How else are we expected to grow in our faith and become more like Him in our character unless we suffer for His name sake and persevere through the trial? That is when the genuineness of our faith will prove true of which; it is impossible to please God without faith. Look at Job! I thank God for choosing an ordinary man like Paul who used to persecute Christians to write one-third of the new testament. He was no stranger to suffering or brokenness! Some people may look at the calamity in the world and question if there is a God, why He would allow some of the disasters going on in the world. Well I'm here to tell you there IS a God and ALL of us like sheep have gone astray from our shepherd. If your called to do mighty works for the Lord to glorify and lift His name on high, there is a major price to pay. Not many are willing to persevere and pay the price though. That is partially why many are called but few are chosen. 


The bible says in [Ephesians 6:12] "For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places." I have come to understand the reality of this piece of scripture. That is why He goes on further to instruct us in proceeding verses to put on the whole armor of God: the belt of truth, the breastplate of righteousness, the gospel of peace as our shoes, your shield of faith, a helmet of salvation and the mighty sword of the spirit which is the word of God. There is an unseen war going on in the spiritual realm in these end times, that is why it is important to be steadfast in the word of God because those who know their God will do exploits and instruct many. (If you do not believe we are in the end times, I encourage you to listen to Irvin Baxter on youtube.) God has brought me a long way and is in the process of making me whole, but there are more miles to go in this long journey that lies ahead. I've heard the expression, "When I'm down to nothing, God is up to something!" It's true! In the midst of confusion brought on by the enemy, I have learned the importance of worship, not being ashamed to stand up for His name...and trusting in God at all times to guide, protect, and deliver me from the schemes of the enemy. No one said this journey would be easy, but it it worth the cost! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment