StatCounter

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Identification Crisis

Upon looking at the image of a social security card one day, it sparked the thought for me to reflect upon my identity. Who am I? When this question was presented to me once, I found myself confused trying to provide an answer. That was because I did not know who my God was. In this world we have several forms of Identification from drivers licenses, social security cards, green cards and passports. These mere forms of Identification one can carry in his or her pocket may provide recognition while traveling, but do not define who we are. Often times individuals will let others define who they are without considering their biblical role and standing on God's word when it comes to their identity. I struggled with finding my identity for a while...seventeen years to be exact. That was before I found Christ and He begun to do a mighty work in me. For seventeen years I let the world and the labels of others define who I am instead of looking to the almighty God who turned this clay into a creation. Instead of looking through the eyes of man to figure out who you are, look to God."Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold the new has come."  [2 Corinthians 5:17] Since I became a new creature in Christ, I had to redefine who I am because now I took on His name (Jesus) through baptism the way a bride takes on the name of her bridegroom when she gets married. Taking on His name has caused a complete 180 degree turn in my life for the better. It has changed the way I perceive things, communicate with others, who I associate with, and even how I dress. I thank God I now know who I am because my identity lies in Him!


I was asked this question on December 19, 2009 and while diligently searching...it was answered on June 17, 2010 not too long after I experienced the baptism of the Holy Ghost with evidence of speaking in tongues. 

I am a child of God
I am the daughter of the most High King
I am a future wife
I am a future mother
I am valuable
I am qualified
I am a friend of God
am more than a conquer through Christ
I am a writer
I am compassionate
I am a leader
I am set apart
I am the head and not the tail
I am a royal priesthood
I am bought with a price
I am forgiven

No comments:

Post a Comment