StatCounter

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

A Heart For The Nations



















"For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek." Romans 1:16

The other day I went to visit the other daughter works of North Cities UPC after service ended.    I was amazed at the atmosphere of worship created during service even though there were not many of us. It reminded me of a Full Gospel Church I had the pleasure of visiting once while touring the motherland. There were people literally on their knees crying out to God and praying in the spirit over there which moved my heart. I feel that God is developing a heart in me for the nations which is something I never thought would happen. I have felt a burden for a while to support missionaries although it is hard to imagine myself doing the exact work of a "missionary." Now I understand why I grew up with so much diversity around me at the schools I attended and through my friendships. I have always loved learning about other cultures and languages growing up! Now the Lord is slowly opening doors of opportunities in front of me and making the right connections. I can't wait until I begin visiting other nations all over the world one day. Nothing beats two hours of unstructured praise and worship outdoors! Right now, I know God is training and preparing me where He has currently placed me. I now feel comfortable sharing the gospel and love of God with random strangers. 
I know I'll feel right at home being in their midst one day!

No comments:

Post a Comment